A very Merry Christmas from CSIA
The team at the CSIA wishes you and yours, a very Merry Christmas and a splendid New Year!
It’s been a really great 2017 and the CSIA team have been glad to share it with you.
We’ve grown as an organisation, right alongside an ever evolving Community Services Industry.
The highlights of our year have inlcuded:
- The Laying Foundations Report was developed in partnership with the Queensland Family and Child Commission. This included the establishment of an industry development agenda through state-wide consultations
- An Industry-led approach to investment reform within the child and family services sector
- A focus on Industry excellence in relation to child safe / child friendly organisations
- The formation of the Community Services Reform Council with 12 members across Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia
- A range of education events designed to support new ideas and thinking across the Industry
- Co-delivery of WorkAbility Queensland and further development of the most comprehensive package of workforce-focused work delivered in the NDIS anywhere in Australia
- Beginning Industry development for the Information, Linkages and Capacity Building project within the NDIS
- Delivering the very successful Ignite and Unite: CSIA Women’s Business Breakfast series
- Undertaking work to address gender parity in the Boards of community service organisations.
Next year CSIA has more evolution planned. We are growing in size to bring you even better Industry outcomes and insights than before.
We will welcome a new policy officer as well as our very first in-house marketing specialist. Further announcements will be made about these roles and some other new projects in the new year.
But before we start the heavy lifting on all the exciting new projects and continuing the good work we already have under way, we’re going to take some down time with our friends and family for Christmas (hopefully you are too!).
The CSIA office will be closed from COB Wednesday 20 December and will reopen on Tuesday 2 January 2018.
Personally, I’m taking an annual holiday and will return on Monday 29 January 2018.
Don’t fear! While I’m away, our very capable Matthew Gillett will steer the CSIA ship. You can contact Matthew on [email protected]
On that note, I will again wish you a very Merry Christmas, full of great cheer and relaxing moments. May there be a wonderful New Year ahead for you, your team and your families.
All the the very best
Chief Executive Officer
Community Services Industry Alliance