Workforce for the Future Position Paper #10
Our call to action…
- Develop a community services workforce plan.
- Invest in practical industry-based solutions to create employment pathways for jobseekers into roles in community services.
- Allocate $50 million of Queensland’s $200 million JobFinder Fund to training in the community services industry.
- Prioritise attraction of jobseekers impacted by COVID-19, such as young people and women.
- Engage the skills ecosystems at a local level to deliver practical outcomes that support growth and development of the Community Services workforce.
- Invest in the ongoing professional development of the Community Services workforce, with particular focus on regional and remote workers.
This workforce positioning paper provides next steps and actions CSIA is taking to enable the Community Services Industry to attract and retain a workforce to meet needs.